Paladin Global Institute
PROTECTING GLOBAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENHANCING SAFETY ONLINE
The Paladin Global Institute’s mission is to protect global critical infrastructure from cyber, AI, and deep tech threats and enhance the safety of people online by investing in research and advocacy, making informed policy recommendations, and bringing together the public and private sectors to share knowledge and create and invest in innovative technologies.
In this groundbreaking approach for a venture capital firm, Paladin is leveraging its global reach and deep bench of cutting-edge thought leaders and policy experts—including its Strategic Advisory Group—to marshal international stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks.
The Institute builds on Paladin Capital Group’s successful investment track record and extends its information advantage as Paladin leads the way on developing and investing in innovative technology that protect people and technology from advanced threats.
What We Do
The Paladin Global Institute is leading a global effort to protect the world’s critical infrastructure from cyber and AI threats and promote online safety by:
- Fostering innovation and investment in solutions to protect people and technology from emerging threats;
- Conducting research and collecting data to help business and government leaders make smarter investment and policy decisions;
- Convening global thought leaders, researchers, policymakers, and technologists to build partnerships and enhance the safety of the online environment worldwide;
- Providing recommendations and analyses to business and government leaders; and
- Advocating for enhanced security by encouraging others in the venture capital community to make cybersecurity a priority in their investments.
Paladin Global Institute Team
Kemba Walden, former Acting National Cyber Director, is President of the Paladin Global Institute. Walden most recently served as acting United States National Cyber Director in 2023 after joining the Office of the National Cyber Director in 2022 as its inaugural principal deputy. Walden previously was an Assistant General Counsel at in the digital crimes unit at Microsoft, where she launched and lead Microsoft’s counter ransomware program. Prior to that role, Walden spent a decade at the United States Department of Homeland Security, including roles at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
The Paladin Global Institute sits under Paladin’s Strategic Advisory Group. Together, our Strategic Advisory Group boasts decades of experience in finding solutions to the world’s most pressing cyber and advanced tech challenges for both private and public sector entities.